|Abilities||Turning invisible, hunting|
|Enemies||You(formerly), The Developer|
|First Apperance||Twisted Thicket Island|
About the Nokken
The Nokken is a mysterious creature that lives in the Bioluminescent Bog on Poptropica's Twisted Thicket Island. When the player enters the bog, the Nokken is seen on top of an old, scratched sign that reads 'Beware of Nokken'. The creature then wakes up,spots the Poptropican and turns invisible. A set of red pawprints then begins to trail away from the sign, leading through the bog.The player must now get across the bog while avoiding the Nokken several times.
The Nokken is a coyote-like creature. It has the form of a dog-like creature with leaf-like flaps around its throat. It has similar flaps on its back.
The Nokken can turn invisible, leaving behind only blood-red pawprints. It can also swim and climb (though when it is climbing a vine it looks as though it is simply standing on it sideways). It can somehow cause you to restart when it pounces on you but it is unknown what it does to you.
- In the trailer, the sign the Nokken sleeps on has a green pawprint, but in the game, the pawprint is red.
- The Nokken is a powerful and deceptive water demon in Scandinavian folklore.
- The Nokken resides in the Bioluminescent Bog.
- On the sign the Nokken sleeps on, the letter O in its name is written with a diagonal line through it like this ø, which is a character in the Viking aphabet.
- There is a glitch where if the Nokken appears and it's about to get you, if you click the freeze icon on the top-left corner of the screen, the Nokken will disappear and you will be unaffected. However, it will only last until you get to the next time the Nokken's footprint's appear.
- The Nokken's eyelids open sideways.