Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Nøkken is a creature in Twisted Thicket Island. It lives in the Bioluminescent Bog.
The Nøkken is a coyote-like creature. It has the form of a wolf-like creature with leaf-like flaps around its throat and similar flaps around the rest of its body.
The Nøkken can turn invisible, leaving behind only blood-red paw prints. It can also swim and climb (though when it is climbing a vine it looks as though it is simply standing on it sideways). It can somehow cause you to restart when it pounces on you but it is unknown what it does to you.
Role in Twisted Thicket Island
The Nøkken is a mysterious creature that lives in the Bioluminescent Bog on Poptropica's Twisted Thicket Island. When the player enters the bog, the Nøkken is seen on top of an old, scratched sign that reads "Beware of Nøkken". The creature then wakes up, spots the Poptropican and turns invisible. A set of red paw prints then begins to trail away from the sign, leading through the bog. The player must now get across the bog while avoiding the Nøkken several times.
- In the trailer, the sign the Nøkken sleeps on has a green paw print, but in the game, the paw print is red. This means that the Creators probably changed the design at the last minute.
- The Nøkken is a powerful and deceptive water demon in Scandinavian folklore with shape-shifting abilities..
- The Nøkken resides in the Bioluminescent Bog.
- There is a glitch where if the Nøkken appears and it's about to get you, if you click the freeze icon on the top-left corner of the screen, the Nøkken will disappear and you will be unaffected. However, it will only last until you get to the next time the Nøkken's footprints appear.
- The Nøkken's eyelids open sideways.
- When standing, the Nøkken appears to have two claws on each foot. However, it is seen with three claws any other point of time, as the other claw is hidden due to the angle.